De Kuilen Primary School seeks to lovingly educate every child entrusted to its care. We also expect only the best of our staff and pupils. Mutual respect and orderly conduct are essential if we are to attain our lofty goals. We therefore apply the same high standards that we set for our academic, cultural and sporting activities to the general conduct of our staff and pupils.
Undertaking and request
We shall treat our pupils, their parents and our staff with respect and empathy. We shall also treat them fairly at all times. In return we ask their loyal support in our efforts to establish and maintain an orderly and scholarly environment within which the school can undertake its teaching vocation effectively.
In fulfilling its teaching vocation De Kuilen primary subscribes to the following basic values:
- dutifulness / conscientiousness;
- respect for equals, subordinates and superiors;
- loyalty; and
- kindness and compassion.
We ask our parents to help us to set and maintain these values.
In general, we expect the following from our De Kuilen learners:
- respect for themselves and their fellow-learners;
- respect at all times towards educators;
- respect towards the environment in which they moves;
- respect for learning material provided;
- respect towards non-educators;
- respect towards visitors;
- respect for cultures and religious beliefs other than their own;
- to adhere to the core values as set out in our Code of Conduct.
Every walk of life has a different set of rules. Thus we also need rules in our school environment which:
- create a positive learning environment;
- clearly state what is acceptable or unacceptable;
- create a safe place for learners;
- Instill and enhance good principles and values in our learners.
- Learners do detention when a total of 10 detention points have been obtained.
- Parents will be notified by SMS if detention points are given to a learner.
- Detention will take place on Fridays according to a fixed timetable.
- Detention letters containing a summery of incidents will be sent home. Parents sign these forms the Wednesday before the detention date
- Learners that participate in sport: Arrangements need to be made with detention head.
- Gr. 1 -3: arrange own supervision.
- Gr. 4 – 7: according to timetable.
- From 14:15 – 16:15: Gr. 4 - 7