De Kuilen Primary School uses English and Afrikaans as mediums of instruction. This reflects the character of the parents whom the school serves.
The following will be regarded as goals:
- Purity of language regarding the written and spoken word.
- A high standard of language instruction.
- All facilities, teaching aids and staff should be utilised to their fullest potential to maximise the use of languages at the school.
- Spontaneous, creative use of language should be encouraged amongst pupils.
The extent to which either Afrikaans or English is used at any school function or gathering will be determined by the following factors:
- the language profile amongst pupils/parents present at such a function.
- the nature/character of such an event (e.g. debating, concert, official meeting or sport).