We wish to bring the following to your attention.
- Please do not send any loose tablets or opened packages of medication to school with your child. Medication should preferably be sent in the closed package as originally dispensed by the pharmacist. Please mark all medication clearly with child's name.
- If possible, please send a month's supply of medication as this facilitates easy; record keeping.
- If parents however to send medication on a weekly basis, it needs to be sent in a clearly marked and sealed package (e.g. a sealed envelope). Medication must by no account be sent loose in your child's hand as this can lead to unnecessary problems.
- School/Education policy states that no learner should be in possession of any medication himself / herself. Parents must hand medication in personally. We appreciate that this is sometimes inconvenient or difficult to do, but we need your co-operation to ensure the safe distribution of medication at all times.
- Please inform the educator in writing if there is any change in your child's medication or if medication is to be ceased. A doctor's prescription alone or a message sent with a child is not sufficient; we need to have written permission from parents.
- Please complete the accompanying document that grants us permission to provide your child with the necessary medication. We are unable to provide your child with medication unless this document is signed and returned to us.
- Please provide us with a copy of the prescription for your child's medication. A copy of the prescription is required whenever there is any change medication.
As you are aware, Ritalin is a schedule 6 medication and needs to be used with care and responsibility by parents, as well as Educators.
Please help us to ensure the safe and effective use of medication at all times. We trust that we can rely on your co-operation in this regard.