Improvement of learners reading, writing and computing(problem solving) skills.
Lit/Num: Literacy and Numeracy
What does this compaign involve?
- Begin the year with internal baseline assessment.
- School based assessment done by educators according to CAPS requirements.
- Annual National Assessment at the beginning or end of the year as required by the Department.
- Gr. 3 and 6 Systemic evaluation (in the 4th term) done by the Department.
- Document that prescribes teaching time for Languages and Mathematics/Numeracy.
- Supporting documents with milestones learners must achieve per term.
- Work books and text books.
- Workshops - training sessions.
- Mathematics kits with apparatus
Implementation by De Kuilen Gr. 4 - 7:
- Weekly Mental Arithmetic tests.
- Silent reading practice and spelling and dictation class test.
- Daily practice of mental maths done for 10 minutes at the start of the mathematics lesson.
- Revision of certain concepts and practice examples of set question papers